blueberry lemon scones
Bake up this sweet, flaky treat with pops of fresh blueberry and beautifying collagen.
servings: 4 servings
active time: 15 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
- 1 egg or flax meal egg (1 Tbsp flax meal mixed with water)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 scoop Youtheory® Collagen Powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 10 Tbsp butter, unsalted, chilled, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup lavender honey butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine egg and cream in small bowl and whisk and set aside.
- In a food processor add flour, Youtheory® Collagen, baking powder, sugar and salt, and pulse to combine.
- Add butter and pulse until meal forms.
- Add cream mixture in slow stream.
- Transfer dough into bowl and fold in blueberries. Using floured hands, shape into triangles or scoop into 8 portions.
- Brush with Tbsp of whipping cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with lavender honey butter. (see recipe).
|serving size: 92g|
|amount per serving||% daily value|
|includes 5g added sugars||10%|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.